This fella is a great ebay seller and I would recommend him to anyone! Here is a link to his fishing rods.
Anyway the first kayak fishing rod is a SHIMANO solara 6 ft baitcasting rod,
- Model Number SLC-60M2
- 7 Aluminium oxide lined rings
- Durable Aeroglass construction rod blank
- Graphite reel seat
- Comfortable cork handles
- Convenient hook keeper ( Base of top handle )
- Trigger grip
- Line weight 6-15lb
- Lure weight 1/4 – 3/4oz
- Power Medium
- Fast Action
- Gold/brown blank
- Black whippings with gold accents
I will use this for bottom fishing and lure work.
And the other kayak fishng rod is a FIN-NOR 6 foot Graphite Spinning rod
High Grade Portuguese Cork Grips
- Made by FIN-NOR, a high quality and respected brand in America
- 7 fully lined rings
- All rings ( except tip ring ) have 2 legs on the same side
- so as to not hamper the action of the rod
- Suitable for either fixed spool reels or the smaller multiplier reels
- Casting weights Approx 1/8 oz to 3/8 oz
- Ideal lines for this rod are 6 – 12 lbs
- Two piece cork handle
- 2 piece design so easily hidden in your car!
- Medium action but with plenty of lower down strength for the bigger fish
I will use this for lure / plugging.
I have sat in the Kayak and had a dry run (how sad), both rods are very fine in construction, with low down grunt. I just cannot wait to catch a fish on them. 3 lb bass will be top sprt, let alone when I hook a big one.
EDIT – 17/08/07 – I have been using the bait castingÂ rod regulary now and i am delighted with the way it handles fish and lures (it casts a dexter wedge really well), its a really great rod and I cannot recommend it enough.